Cycle To Work/Bike to Work scheme
How much I can save?
Using the Bike to Work scheme, your employer can help you obtain a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,000. You can use a salary sacrifice arrangement to save up to 51% of the retail price of bike and equipment.
Qualifying bicycles/safety equipment
The exemption will cover pedal bicycles and tricycles, and pedelecs (an electrically assisted bicycle which requires some effort on the part of the cyclist in order to effect propulsion). It will not cover motorbikes, scooters or mopeds.
The following safety equipment will be covered by the exemption:
- Cycle helmets which conform to European standard EN 1078
- Bells and bulb horns
- Lights, including dynamo packs
- Mirrors and mudguards to ensure riders visibility is not impaired
- Cycle clips and dress guards
- Panniers, luggage carriers and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
- Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
- Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tires sealant to allow for minor repairs
- Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflectors